AVID’s EVO axial flux motor is ideal for electric vehicle propulsion and other high-performance drive and actuation applications, such as robotics actuators and propulsion systems for electrified aircraft. Because the EVO axial flux motor has one of the highest usable torque and power densities on the market, due to it’s unique and patented design.
The patented lightweight composite rotor gives the EVO axial flux motor exceptionally low inertia. This delivers higher efficiency over a transient operating cycle and improved drive response compared to a conventional motor.
Unlike some motor suppliers who quote unachievable levels of performance the EVO axial flux motor will deliver the below and more. The quoted efficiency figures for the EVO axial flux motor shown below are measured on a dynamometer. They include inverter losses and have a representative coolant temperature of 55°C. Our quoted weight is as installed in the vehicle.
The EVO axial flux motor is liquid cooled by conventional water glycol meaning no additional cooling pumps or heat exchangers are needed for further saving system weight and reducing parasitic loses.
This is all backed up by extensive validation and durability testing, meaning the standard EVO machines are one of the most reliable e-machines on the market.
The EVO motor perfectly compliments the AVID product range of high-performance electric ancillary and thermal management systems for hybrid and electric vehicles. Furthermore AVID is able to offer a complete powertrain systems integration service helping you to design, validate and manufacture your electric or hybrid vehicle.
If you have a special requirement for example:
- Higher speeds
- Increased power density
- Increased operating voltage
- Modified housing dimensions or mounting positions
AVID can help you with a customised solution because the EVO design is very flexible. Our team of expert engineers can develop a customised solution to meet your requirements.
Axial Flux Motor Specifications
- Very high torque and power density
- Low cogging torque
- Power density of >10kW/Kg achievable
- Compact design with flat front & back faces for mounting
- Voltage: Up to 800 VDC
- Peak Efficiency: >96% (includes power inverter)
- Low inertia composite rotor with excellent rotor dynamic stability
- Water/glycol cooled for simplified installation & enhanced performance
- Through shaft and customised versions available
- Integrated PT100 temperature sensors and sin/cos resolver compatible with most commercially available inverters.
- Traction motors for electric and hybrid buses and trucks
- Traction motors for high-performance electric supercars and EV motorsport
- P1 / P2 configuration hybrids
- Direct drive of propellers for aero and marine
- High-performance generator
Contact us here today to find out more about our high-performance axial flux motor solutions