AVID Technology’s EVO Axial Flux electric motors are ideal for electric vehicle propulsion and other high-performance drive and actuation applications such as robotics actuators and propulsion systems for electrified aircraft. The EVO machine delivers one of the highest usable torque and power densities on the market.
The machine has a lightweight composite rotor with exceptionally low inertia which means higher efficiency over a dynamic driving cycle and improved drive response, our quoted efficiency figures below are measured on a dyno and include inverter losses and had a representative coolant temperature of 55°C, our quoted weight is as installed in the vehicle, unlike some motor suppliers who quote unachievable levels of performance the EVO will deliver the below and more. The EVO motor is also liquid cooled by conventional water glycol meaning no additional cooling pumps or heat exchangers are needed for further saving system weight and reducing parasitic loses.
This is all backed up by extensive validation and durability testing meaning the standard EVO machines are one of the most reliable e-machines on the market.
The EVO motor compliments the existing AVID product range of high-performance electric ancillary and thermal management systems for hybrid and electric vehicles. AVID is able to offer a complete powertrain systems integration service helping you to design, validate and manufacture your electric or hybrid vehicle.
If you have a special requirement for example higher speeds, increased power density or operating voltage we can help, the EVO design is very flexible and our team of expert engineers can develop a customised solution to meet your requirements.
– Very high torque and power density.
– Low cogging torque.
– Power density of >10kW/Kg achievable.
– Compact design with flat front & back faces for mounting.
– Voltage: Up to 800 VDC.
– Peak Efficiency: >96% (includes power inverter).
– Low inertia composite rotor with excellent rotor dynamic stability.
– Water / glycol cooled for simplified installation & enhanced performance.
– Through shaft and customised versions available.
– Integrated PT100 temperature sensors and sin/cos resolver compatible with most commercially available inverters.