AVID has been developing electrified powertrain components and systems for many years. We are proud to be working with some of the worlds leading vehicle manufacturers (OEM’s) and Tier 1 suppliers to help them develop innovative custom solutions for the vehicles of the future. We bring innovation, agility and a wealth of know-how and IP to help deliver complex programs in a cost and time effective manner.
Using building blocks from our already established and proven platform products to accelerate the development process. We are able to deliver customised solutions for:
- High-efficiency and power density Motor and controllers for electrified ancillaries
- High power traction motors and integrated motor generators
- Robust power electronics such as DCDC converters and Onboard Battery Chargers (OBC)
- High performance battery systems, battery thermal management and electronic battery management system controllers.
Our IATF 16969 quality management process ensures that our development process meets the highest standards. AVID has in-house capabilities for:
- Electronic circuit design to IPC Class 3
- Control systems and embedded firmware development using SPICE and Autosar
- We can follow a process that meets or exceeds the requirements of ISO26262 for safety integrity assurance for on-highway critical systems
- CANbus integration of control systems
- CANbus system controllers
- Motor design and magnetic circuit modelling
- 3D mechanical design and modelling
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computational Thermal Analysis
- Electric coolant and oil pump design
- Electric fan design
- Battery module design
- Battery management system
- Battery thermal management
- Prototype fabrication
- Vehicle prototype installations
- Environmental testing and product validation
- Mechatronic product assembly and testing
Our ability to support customer projects with custom solutions from concept to production is unparalleled. If you are looking to for an intelligent electrification partner AVID is here to help.
See how AVID’s award-winning team helped to complete the creation of the fully electric Nemesis Sports Car which went on to break the U.K. Land Speed Record for electric cars.