AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions.
AVID is looking for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join a busy and growing team. We are looking for a practical, common sense sort of person with a methodical approach, who is happy to work in a team and with the skills and ability to work quickly, accurately and safely.
This warehouse role will at times be physically demanding, so we are looking for candidates that like to be active and thrive in a busy environment.
Essential skills and experience
- Issuing components to projects
- Performing cycle counts and stock takes
- Keeping a careful record of stock and managing stock transfers between bin locations
- Monitoring KANBAN items and requests to reorder where necessary
- Despatching of finished goods
- Receiving of goods and booking in of stock
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Kitting of works orders, issuing kits to manufacturing cells
- Component shortage management, receive goods and issue to kits
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensuring that products are stored and labelled safely.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment preferably electronics or automotive
- Forklift Licence
- Sage 200 experience preferable
£18,500 per year. The role will be initially for 6 months with a view to make it permanent after that.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk