AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions.
This is a superb opportunity for a candidate with a purchasing background in ideally electronics/power systems within the automotive industry to join a multiple award winning cleantech engineering business that is growing quickly and can provide excellent career prospects.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Supply Chain Manager to help us build strong, strategic and lasting supply chains. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the purchasing activities of AVID, which also include management of transport, external contractors, physical warehousing and all associated employees. As well as working with all other departments to balance and synchronise supply chain resources in line with the business plan. This role will be working at a senior level within the company.
The role is based at our Cramlington, facility but will involve travel at times when required.
- Management of all purchasing activities to ensure the best possible price, lead time and quality is achieved
- Management of all Warehouses within AVID
- Develop and lead a stock reduction program to reduce the amount of inventory held by the company, while maintaining agile and reliable lead times to our customers.
- Management of internal/external logistics and material movements
- Responsible for the Logistics, raw material and consumables budget
- Manage and develop the operational KPI’s
- Develop and implement Lean Logistics principles within AVID
- Responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety in relation to the management of the logistics and warehousing systems
- Cost down program implementation – Improve supplier processes/operating methods to reduce product cost and improve profitability
- Develop a Supplier reduction program to ensure AVID’s cost/delivery and system requirements are met through specialised services from specific suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of people management in the AVID logistics teams
- Assist manufacturing in the planning of production to eliminate changeovers, downtime, overtime, and other factors, ensuring maximum efficiency of available resources
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of buying/procurement in a supplier facing role within the electronics / renewable energy / automotive industry
- Proven track record in the development of lean principles within a purchasing environment
- Experience of successfully managing teams through transition
- Excellent understanding of Excel and Sage 200
- Experience in dealing with global suppliers outside of the UK
- Comfortable working with legal and contractual terms and language.
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills
- A degree or equivalent in purchasing/supply chain management, CIPS status preferable.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk