AVID is looking for an PCB (Surface Mount Technology) Technician to work on our Surface Mount Electronics Manufacturing machinery to deliver high-quality units to projects and external customers.
The primary scope of this position is to support high-quality efficient production with SMT programming requirements. You will be responsible for creating, maintaining and optimising programs for equipment such as robotic pick-n-place machines, automated optical inspection (AOI), wave solder and will be trained to program other production machines where required.
- Support projects and processes as directed by the Production Manager and Electronic Engineers and production schedules
- SMT program development, updates, and maintenance
- SMT production support, procedure development
- Continuous improvement methods
- Work across functions to maintain equipment and ensure efficient operation to meet production schedules (correct clean down methods after run)
- Troubleshoot programs, processes, and machines to determine issues and perform fault corrections where required
- Following any NPI build through programming stages to make changes to the programs where necessary
- Assist with daily machine maintenance
- Create relevant technical standard operating procedures to suit products
- Create care point instructions for delicate parts that would need to be further inspected after points within the production run
- Escalate manufacturing issues to appropriate personnel when required
- Create any technical documentation relating to builds or machines
- Create correct standard documents on programming, optimising and running the production equipment
- Updating key process documents to monitor production fails and machine breakdowns and escalating to relevant departments (production engineering) for further assistance
- Minimum 2 years in a similar position
- Previous employment in a Surface Mount Electronics Manufacturing company
- Programming robotic pick and place machines
- Programming solder screen printers
- Programming 3D AOIs and also 2D AOIs
- An understanding of wave solder maintenance
- Profiling reflow ovens and wave solder machines
- Standard operating procedure writing
- Technical understanding of components and assembly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of computer skills (Excel, Word, Offline Programming Editor, Online Programming Editor)
- Diploma in an Engineering discipline
- HNC is desirable, but not required.
- Previous training with pick and place machines (Mirae)
- Reporting to: Production Manager/ Production Operations Coordinator
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
- Hours: 37.5 Hours per week (7.30-4.00 Monday-Thursday and 7.30-13.00 Fridays)
If you feel your talent, enthusiasm, and determination has yet to find its true home, then we want to hear from you. Send us your CV to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of a fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk