AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions.
Working as part of the engineering team you will be within the Thermo-Fluids department undertaking system-level sizing and design calculations for thermo-management of hybrid and electric powertrain, and sub-system level thermo-management of power electronics, batteries, and e-machines.
Your role will also involve working across a variety of projects which will include attending project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation, and coordination of work. This is not a 100% desk based role as you will be involved in building and testing prototype units in the workshop and also out in the field. You will also be involved in ongoing product development, testing, fault finding and debugging, some travel to customer’s sites across the UK and mainland Europe may also be involved.
Essential skills and experience
- Heat transfer
- Fluid mechanics/dynamics
- Hybrid & electric powertrain technology
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a mechanical engineer in the automotive industry
- Competent in design software and IT skills
- Experience in design for manufacture
- Experience working on multiple projects at the same time
- Electrical / Electronic control knowledge
- Undertaken projects in engine testing, pumps, electric vehicles
- A desire to get things done
- An appetite for continuous learning on the job
- A positive attitude and ability to work as a team
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong problem-solving skills
Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
£27,000 to £40,000, depending on skills and experience.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk