AVID is an innovative clean tech engineering company which designs, manufactures and installs technology to reduce fuel consumption and emissions from heavy-duty vehicles. AVID has recently won a number of big contracts, one of them being an Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) project to reduce emissions from the global shipping industry. The aim is to develop a waste heat recovery system designed to deliver reduced emissions and fuel efficiency savings of at least eight per cent across all types of ship. Working as part of the engineering team you will be working full time on this project.
Essential skills and experience
- 2D AutoCAD and 3D Inventor design capability
- Design for fabrication and machining
- Thermodynamics / thermos-fluid calculations
- Writing test reports
- A sound knowledge of electrical motors, pipework and valves
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of working within the marine industry
- Understanding of marine standards
Responsibilities on the project
- P&ID for ORC connection to engine / vessel
- 3D models
- Pipework, valves, ORC skid in vessel
- Test rig for generator (dyno)
- Test rig for ORC full load test
- Assisting in development of electric motors / pumps
- Detail drawings of components
- Verification of compliance with class
- Reviewing designs
- Assisting in testing activities, producing test reports
- Assisting in site installation activities, producing survey, commissioning and testing reports.
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation.
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Organised with good problem solving skills.
- HNC / BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
If you feel your talent, enthusiasm and determination has yet to find its true home, then we want to hear from you. Send us your CV to:
Jennie Maughan, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk