AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions. As a result of continued growth, we are actively hiring for an experienced Financial Controller.
You will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department and will involve reporting to the Finance and Operations Director in regards to all financial and accounting activities and overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
- Oversee all company accounts, banking arrangements, HMRC compliance and liaising with external advisors.
- Create reports (monthly and ad-hoc) to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including Finance Manager and financial assistants.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems and other business information systems.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction/profit maximisation opportunities.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Report to the Finance and Operations Director with timely and accurate financial information.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Director in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
Skills and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a business environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing, engineering or technical organisation preferred.
- Management experience; leadership skills; interpersonal skills.
- Honesty; integrity; reliability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; outstanding mathematical skills.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
ACA / CIMA or equivalent qualification.
Note: We are currently a small PE backed company with ambitious growth plans which will require the Financial Controller to be adaptable and able to grow with the business. The potential for the business is enormous but there will be hard work needed to get there.
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
- Mobile phone
If you believe that you have the skills and talent to meet this role then please email your C.V. to email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk