AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions. As a result of continued growth, we are actively hiring for an experienced Finance Manager. This position is urgent and we require the successful candidate to start immediately.
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Director your duties will include the following:
- Full control of purchase and sales ledgers including credit control.
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Assist the FD in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Monthly payroll processing for all employees and assisting with Year end payroll submissions – P60’s, P11D’s etc.
- Process PAYE/NI, VAT, EC Sales lists and Intrastat returns and deal with all correspondence with HMRC.
- Assist with the management of the company’s Pension scheme.
- Monthly reconciliations of the bank, HP, debtors and creditors; wages control accounts.
- Maintenance of monthly fixed asset registers.
- Reconciliation of inter-group balances.
- Assist in the introduction of a new MRP system, and consistent monitoring and testing to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with the production of project costing reports and analysing R&D expenditure ensuring costs are allocated to correct project.
- Managing the capitalisation of intangible FA (R&D) and assisting with the submission of R&D tax credits to HMRC.
- Monitor bank accounts daily and when necessary updating the Cash flow.
- Management of the companies CID facility, including reporting to the bank & managing audits.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly financial reports & collate information from sales department to report accurate upcoming sales forecasts.
- Working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions recommending ways of cutting costs.
- Making sure spending is in line with budgets and understanding/reporting on variances.
- Assisting with stock control.
- Oversee purchasing department and assist with material planning to ensure stock value is at a minimum but production deadlines are met.
- Assist with the management of grant funded projects and preparing data for periodic audits.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
- Collaborate with external auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
Skills and qualifications
- Professional accounting qualification.
- Proven managerial experience within an accounting department.
- Sound understanding of sage line 50/200.
- Experience in MRP systems and job costing.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Flexible approach and willing to take on different responsibilities as the company grows.
- Can work to deadlines.
- Good communicator at all levels of a company.
£35,000 per annum.
If you believe that you have the skills and talent to meet this role then please email your C.V. to email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk