AVID Technology Limited designs, manufactures and installs technology to reduce fuel consumption and emissions from heavy-duty vehicles. Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the design and development of embedded systems for automotive electronics. This will involve circuit design of embedded microcontroller based systems, generating software functional specifications, coding, testing, software design and documentation. The role may also include software functional safety analysis, design and validation.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven capability of developing embedded systems and software used to control power electronics applications.
- Circuit design of embedded microcontroller systems and their peripheral interfaces (e.g. UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, Flash, GPIO)
- Proficient C programming in embedded system environment.
- Knowledge of vector control techniques for motor drive or grid tied inverter applications.
- Experience with various microcontrollers and related compilers and debuggers e.g. ARM Cortex-M, AVR, Microchip PIC, DsPic, TI-C2000, MSP430, Infinion-TriCore
- Experience of source code version control and build processes.
- Knowledge of software unit testing methodologies.
- Experience in the use of hardware test and measurement equipment (Oscilloscope, DVM, Vector CANalyzer, etc.)
- Appreciation and understanding of PCB design and manufacture.
Desirable experience and skills
- Experience with electronics and control simulation packages such as Matlab/Simulink, PLECS, SPICE
- Experience in Automotive protocols such as CAN, LIN
- Experience in Automotive diagnostics standard protocols like ISO14229, OBD2
- Experience in Automotive Functional Safety according ISO26262, IEC61508, D078B
- Experience in Electric Vehicle Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- Experience in Automotive Bootloaders.
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering; BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent in comparable subject
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk
|Job Category||Engineering, Software / Firmware|