AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions.
As an Embedded Software Engineer working as part of the growing Software Engineering Team you will be responsible for the design and development of software for automotive electronics and their peripheral test systems. This will involve interpreting specifications to produce software functional specifications, coding, testing, software design, and documentation. The role will also include software functional safety analysis, design, and validation.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proficient C programming.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded software development.
- Experience with various microcontrollers and related compilers and debuggers such as ARM Cortex-M, AVR, Microchip PIC, dsPIC, C2000, MSP430, TriCore etc.
- Programming experience of CANbus systems.
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematic diagrams.
- Experience in peripheral driver development, e.g. UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, Flash, GPIO.
- Knowledge in modular APIs, code reusability and general appreciation of good practices.
- Use of source code version control.
- Software testing experience (unit testing, regression testing, functional testing etc.)
- Use of issue management / bug tracking software tools.
- Experience in handling of testing and measurement equipment (Oscilloscope, Logic Analyser, CANalyzer, etc.)
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Use of static analysis tools to validate code to automotive standards, ideally MISRA-C.
- Experience in automotive diagnostics standard protocols e.g. ISO14229, OBD2, J1939
- Experience writing firmware for interfacing to, and real-time control of, power electronics devices e.g. motor control, inverters, DC/DC converters etc.
- Experience of working in a “Functionally Safe” industry, e.g. Automotive, Rail, Medical.
- Experience in developing automotive bootloaders.
- Exposure to working in a collaborative, continuous integration environment.
- Programming Windows applications in C#.
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade in a comparable field.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk
|Job Category||Software / Firmware|