AVID Technology Limited designs, manufactures and installs technology to reduce the fuel consumption and emissions from heavy-duty vehicles. Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for designing motor controllers and electronic control units for the company’s products. This will involve designing electronic circuits from scratch using the Altium toolset.
This is not a 100% desk based role as you will be involved in building and testing prototype units in the workshop and also out in the field. You will also be involved in ongoing product development, testing, fault finding and debugging.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Circuit design using Altium or similar
- Development of Firmware
- Demonstrable practical skills building and testing prototype units etc
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of power electronics for automotive and experience of motor controller design, SMPS etc
- Experience of electronics design related to heavy-duty vehicles e.g. bus, truck, and construction machinery
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum BEng or BSc in Electronics Engineering
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk