AVID Technology Limited designs, manufactures and applies technology to improve performance, reduce fuel consumption and reduce emissions from high performance and heavy-duty vehicles. Avid Technology also works in partnership with major Vehicle OEMs to develop and build prototype vehicles to test and demonstrate new cutting edge technologies. Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the development and application of new products and technologies on existing and prototype vehicles. The ideal candidate will have experience of project management and experience of building prototype vehicles or modifying vehicles to an OEM standard. This is a highly demanding role, working at the forefront of new vehicle research.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in similar role in an automotive business.
- Experience of new product development and introduction.
Desirable skills and experience
- Practical mechanical competence.
- Knowledge and understanding of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles.
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems.
- In depth knowledge of automotive electrical systems.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle mechanical systems.
- Practical vehicle wiring skills.
- CAD proficient – Preferably in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Project management experience.
- 8D Investigations and reporting.
- Customer Interface.
- Interest in High performance or heavy duty vehicles.
- Motorsport experience.
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation.
- Must be able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Organised with good problem solving skills.
- HNC / BEng (Hons) in Automotive, Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience.
If you feel your talent, enthusiasm and determination has yet to find its true home, then we want to hear from you. Send us your CV to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk