Working as part of the applications engineering team, under the guidance of a mechanical engineer, you will prepare and oversee detailed engineering designs using CAD. This will involve designing mechanical components and assemblies from scratch, modifying existing designs and integrating AVID products into customer vehicles using the Autodesk Inventor suite.
Your role will also involve working across a variety of projects which could include attending project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation, and coordination of work. The majority of the projects are working on heavy-duty on-highway and off-highway trucks.
This is not a 100% desk based role as you will be involved in building and testing prototype units in the workshop and also out in the field. You will also be involved in ongoing product development, testing, fault finding and debugging, some travel to customers’ sites across the UK and mainland Europe or America may also be involved.
Both junior and senior positions open.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a CAD designer, preferably within the automotive industry
- Competent in design software and IT skills
- Competent using Autodesk Inventor
- Knowledge of design for manufacture
- Experience working on multiple projects at the same time
- An interest in automotive and industrial machines
- A desire to get things done
- An appetite for continuous learning on the job
- A positive attitude
- Able to communicate ideas effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- All qualifications and relevant experience considered
£20,000 to £35,000, depending on skills and experience.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk