AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions.
This is a superb opportunity for a candidate with a strong buying background ideally in manufacturing within the automotive/electronics industry, to join a multiple award-winning cleantech engineering business that is growing quickly and can provide excellent career prospects.
We are looking for a Buyer to take responsibility for the purchasing of materials using the MRP system, reviewing action messages and interrogating MRP data. In addition, they will be responsible for expediting activities within the department, communicating any late deliveries to the production team or project teams and Supply Chain Manager.
- Monitor parts availability, run trial kits and communicate any delays or component shortages to the relevant departments
- Build relationships with suppliers, negotiate pricing and agree best possible lead times to satisfy production needs
- Support request for quotation reviews
- Assist with supplier non-conformance in relation to purchased materials
- Assist with inventory management activities and cycle counting
- Coordinate supplier deliveries, UK and overseas
- Assist with bill of materials costing and bill of material creation
- Coordinate, monitor and track free issue materials
- Manage supplier/subcontract orders
- Housekeeping of ERP database
Essential skills and experience
- 3-5 years purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive and/or electronics
- Experience of MRP and interrogating MRP demands is essential
- Experience of bill of material costing and reviewing bills of materials
- Sage 200 experience preferred but not essential
£25,000 to £30,000 per year depending on skills and experience.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk