AVID is a leader in the design and manufacture of electrified powertrain and advanced thermal management systems for heavy-duty and high-performance electric (EV) and hybrid vehicles (HEV) and in reducing vehicle emissions.
Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for automotive electronics specific test systems used in the validation testing of automotive motor controllers and electronics. The test engineer requires involvement in all phases of an automotive project including product development, design validation (DV) and process validation (PV). You will be required to develop detailed test plans, validate test system performance, interpret test results, manage and control test data, communicate test results with Project Teams, resolve test issues and propose improvements.
Essential skills and experience
- Proficient knowledge of using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, waveform generators, and National Instruments LabView.
- Good working knowledge of automotive communication systems including CAN J1939, LIN bus, etc.
- Able to develop detailed test plans for internal and external customers.
- Create and manage processes that will be used to validate test system performance and repeatability.
- Interpret test results, manage and control test data and communicate test results with Project Teams.
- Strong problem resolution skills. Ability to resolve test issues, propose improvements and work with test tool SW developers on continuous improvement updates.
- Create operating procedures and train production operatives to use the systems.
- Support internal and external (ISO, etc.) audits.
- Communication skills are very important; strong oral and written skills are critical. Must be able to communicate clearly with the design team and able to generate deliverable reports to our customers.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated; able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
BEng or MEng in Electronic Engineering, or equivalent
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of the fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk