About AVID Technology & The Role
AVID is an innovative cleantech engineering company developing solutions to reduce emissions and improve the efficiency of heavy duty vehicles. Our engineering team work on a variety of development projects with differing levels of reporting and external monitoring. We are about to start a significant project which requires extensive reporting and it is vital that all information is recorded accurately and in a timely manner to ensure all claims from the client are administered and paid promptly and the project financial reporting is up to date, complete and accurate. The size of the project is similar to a small business in its own right and will need strong control and management accounting to ensure the budgets are met. There will be several external audits of the claims throughout the project which will need to be managed, with the support of the rest of the finance team.
While this particular project will be the priority, there are also other projects which require similar, albeit less, monitoring, reporting and audits. Due to AVID’s continuing growth there will be a constant stream of new projects being taken on, therefore while the main project mentioned above is for 2 years there will be an ongoing need for this Project Administrator role at AVID.
In addition to this main project the role will also involve supporting other administration tasks at AVID where time permits.
- Create project reports using Sage 50 accounting system and spreadsheets.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Work closely with Project Manager(s), Finance Manager and other AVID staff as required to ensure all necessary administration, data collection, recording, reporting and financial analysis against project budgets are complete, accurate and on time.
- Maintain documents and the accounting system (SAGE and spreadsheets) to record all costs.
- Monitor timesheets and input costs to correct Project codes.
- Report on project costs compared to forecast.
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Take responsibility for all funding claims from funding providers, input claims as required to client systems, collate supporting documentation as required and manage any claim/project external audit requirements.
- Managing all audits for project claims.
- Experience with Microsoft packages, especially Excel.
- Some management account experience with Sage 50 desirable but not essential.
- Experience in a similar Project Administrator role.
- Happy and enthusiastic.
- Well organised and able to work unsupervised.
- Able to adapt to the changing demands of the business.
£18,000 per year.
So, if you feel your talent, enthusiasm and determination has yet to find its true home, then we want to hear from you. Send us your CV to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk