AVID Technology Limited designs, manufactures and installs technology to reduce fuel consumption and emissions from heavy-duty vehicles. Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the design and development of motor controllers for electric vehicles and marine applications. This will involve defining and interpreting product specifications to produce hardware functional specifications. The role will also include design and analysis, documentation, testing and debugging.
Essential skills and experience
- Motor controller and DCDC converter design
- IGBT, MOSFETs and gate driver design
Desirable skills and experience
- Marine electrical systems
- Functional safety analysis, design and validation to standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508, D0178B or similar.
- Automotive and marine product development.
- Understanding of motor control techniques, DTC, SVM etc.
- FMEAs, tolerance analysis, thermal analysis and reliability analysis.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Common microcontroller architectures (Ti C2000, DsPic)
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation.
- Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Organised with good problem solving skills.
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience.
If you feel your talent, enthusiasm and determination has yet to find its true home, then we want to hear from you. Send us your CV to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on email@example.com
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk