AVID Technology Limited designs, manufactures and installs technology to reduce fuel consumption and emissions from heavy-duty vehicles. Working as part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the design and development of software / firmware for automotive electronics. This will involve interpreting specifications to produce software functional specifications, coding, testing, software design and documentation. The role will also include software functional safety analysis, design and validation.
Essential skills and experience
- Proficient C programming in embedded system environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in embedded software development or Automotive ECU programming.
- Experience with various microcontrollers and related compilers and debuggers such as ARM Cortex-M, AVR, Microchip PIC, DsPic, TI-C2000, MSP430, Infinion-TriCore etc.
- Experience in automotive motor control applications and power management applications.
- Knowledge in control software for analogue and digital circuits.
- Experience in automotive protocols such as CAN, LIN
- Experience in peripherals interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, Flash, GPIO)
- Knowledge in modular APIs and code reusability.
- Source code version control and build process.
- Unit testing methodology.
- Experience in handling of testing and measurement equipment (Oscilloscope, DVM, Vector CANalyzer, etc.)
Desirable experience and skills
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Good experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in Automotive diagnostics standard protocols like ISO14229, OBD2
- Experience in Automotive Functional Safety according ISO26262, IEC61508, D078B
- Experience in Electric Vehicle Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- Experience in Automotive Bootloaders.
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade, or in a comparable field.
In the first instance, please forward a written application, including your cv and details of your current salary to:
HR Officer, AVID Technology Ltd, Unit 3D Admiral Business Park, Nelson Industrial Estate, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1WG.
Or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
AVID is based in Cramlington, Northumberland; Cramlington is approximately 10 miles to the north of the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The town has excellent transport links with bus and rail services into Newcastle, and is near to Newcastle Airport. It is also close to the beautiful Northumberland countryside and coastline.
The North East of England is recognised as a great place to live and work with relatively low living costs compared to the rest of the UK and the benefits of fantastic countryside and open spaces. For more information about living and working in the North East of England please visit live-and-work.northeastengland.co.uk